Muslin Backdrop and fun evening project
In the interest of keeping my topics driftless (random) I’m not going to post about worms today. One of my interests is photography and when I got a Nikon D80 last year I got even more interested in taking high quality pictures. This is a great camera. In the past year I’ve really been trying to improve my photography. I’ll be reviewing some of the books I’ve been using in a future post(s).
Getting more in to photography has also involved getting more equipment, or more realistically, wanting to get more equipment. Additional lighting and backdrops could easily cost more than the camera, if everything was bought commercially.
That’s where the internet comes in, and a good site for DIY projects related to photography is, what else, but DIYPhotography.net. The one project I’ve tried so far is making a backdrop. The directions can be found here and they are very easy to follow and well illustrated with photos.
The photo is my first attempt at my own backdrop and I am very pleased with the outcome. Now all I need to do it get some models in front of it.
I usually try to involve my boys in my projects as long as it can be done safely. So I had each of the boys rubber band up one of their new white t-shirts that they got for Christmas and threw them in the dye as well. Now they each have a blue tie-dyed that they made themselves.
It was a great evening project and I think I’m hooked! I’m already planning the next colors that I’m hoping to do!